2017년 7월 12일 수요일

My Life as a Photographer

Apart from cooking, I am an amateur photographer. However I am not any kind of photographer, I am an analog (film) photographer. What does this mean? I actually have to buy rolls of film, take a picture, hope that the picture turned out well, and lastly drop it off a photo lab to have the pictures developed. Quite a progress right? It is, but film is a lost art that we all forgot about. Film is different in its feel and one who sees the pictures can be confident knowing the photographer put in a lot of effort for even one picture.

Take a look at the picture above. Do you see the grain? Do you see the antiqueness of the image? This can only be formulated through film. In fact the grain arises from the high speed film of 800 iso.

Let us look at another picture.
What do I love about this picture? There is so much one can say about this image. First we see a shopper who is surrounded by a vast variety of vegetables, yet the image is consisted of all the natural greens of the earth. She blends right in making it seem she is a part of the surrounding.

Lastly I present the last image.
In a time where we celebrate the freedom of our country, the 4th of July was the perfect time to take pictures. A flag raised high waiting for the lights to dim stands tall, but no one would be able to tell if this picture was taken in 2017 or 1980. This just shows that time may go on, but beauty of the earth never changes.

We snap pictures everyday hoping to capture moments of our lives. We snap, we delete. This creates a culture of photography that captures moments without meaning. With film, I have never found myself not remember the moment I took every picture. Every picture was meaningful to me and every image is something I care about. Film is fun, so why don't we all try?

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기